From Ubuntu Doctors Guild
What is Astronaut VistA
Astronaut VistA is a package that installs one of several different versions of VistA (currently available versions are Astronaut WorldVistA and Astronaut OpenVistA) in an integrated fashion.
Astronaut packages the servers, clients, and auxiliary modules so that they are able to function together seamlessly.
The Astronaut OpenVistA server can accept connections from both the TMG-CPRS client (for Windows) and the OpenVistA-CIS client (for Windows and Linux). The Astronaut WorldVistA server can accept connections from the TMG-CPRS client but not from the OpenVistA-CIS client.
After choosing whether to use the Astronaut WorldVistA or the Astronaut OpenVistA version, select whether a Debian/Ubuntu (.deb) based operating system or a RedHat/Fedora/CentOS (.rpm) based operating system will be used to host the server modules.
Astronaut WorldVistA server installers
- Install Astronaut WorldVistA using an Ubuntu server (.deb package)
Astronaut OpenVistA server installers
- Install Astronaut OpenVistA using an Ubuntu server (.deb package)
- A walkthrough installation of Astronaut OpenVistA (along with the Kubuntu Ultimate Server) can be found here.
- Also see the Medsphere OpenVista-CIS client package, which is a modification of CPRS with image viewing and other commercial enhancements. It can be used with the Astronaut OpenVistA server along with the Astronaut client package listed below.
Astronaut VistA client installers
Additional installation resources
- The Astronaut VistA installation is also detailed in the Ultimate Server Lucid with OpenVistA walkthrough.
- Astronaut VistA is also used in a version of Ubuntu-Med.
The VistA server functions are generally configured from a text interface. The VistA server is very flexible and powerful, and therefore can seem complex to customize and daunting for new users.
Accessing the interface is possible in several ways:
- While logged on the server (using any login ID) by starting VistA Commander from a command-line interface Terminal:
- Logging in directly to the server using the provided Linux login (openvistaEHR or worldvistaEHR) and opening a (Konsole) Terminal. This loads the VistA Commander interface. (On Astronaut systems, the default initial password is vista!123.)
- Using the Text Client and VistA Config menu items/shortcuts in the Astronaut Client menu (Windows systems only).
- Using the built-in VistA Server Text Client menu items/shortcuts in the Ubuntu-Med system.
Depending on the version of Astronaut used, these features may be available:
- Medsphere OVID - A MUMPS to Java bridge system.
- TMG CPRS - An improved version of CPRS that allows the ability to add patients directly. Has an integrated web browser.
- EWD -- A MUMPS/GT.M/M21 to Java, PHP, and ASP bridge that allows web browsers to interface with the VistA server directly (without CPRS).
- M2Web -- a web-based interface to the VistA server routines.